Monday, October 29, 2007

I've got all these snacks..

People here are serious, super duper serious about Halloween. Crazy parties, crazy costumes. I adore it all.

Something I've noticed about dudes here- they all have cards- they all give me their cards (usually when I'm in some sort of fast food establishment) and then ask me on a date. Where I am then forced to say "UM>NO."

Here's a real talk dialogue that happened the other night on my way to Michael Donnell's:

"Ay girl, you gunna listen to yer iPod?"

"Um...yes...?..."

"I was wantin to make friends with you. Here's my card. I'm a DJ. They call me WickedWAYNE."

"Oh, okay."

"I've got my cellphone, let's put your number in it, so I can call you for a date."

"No thanks. I have a boyfriend anyway (which is a lie)".

"Oh really, does he make you feel good?"

This is when my jaw dropped and I just said:

"P-p-pardon? I've got to go."

Basically what I'm sayin' is- I can't keep the dudes off of me, for real.



I'm still working crazy long hours. I get off, I go to open bars, I get home at 5am, and I do it all over again. I've met some really amazing people, and I don't know how I got so lucky.

TEN PEOPLE ARE VISITING ME WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH!! Two from Berlin arrive this Friday. Two from Portland, the following Friday, a friend from Paris, then another two from Portland, and then a handful of random acquaintances. I'm so pumped. HAMMER!!


We basically shut down all of Williamsburg. Asbestos was everywhere!



Trash Bar couldn't handle it either.



Some of the best guys around.



Lovefools.



Make party.



neck face is ugly.



my favorite costume so far.



for ashley mcallister. <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.smart-crew.com

spam...

Anonymous said...

love!

we met the other night, and you and your friend were lovely, and i was wasted, and you went to queens and i scrammed for no other reason than it's fun to scram, and it rhymes with spam, which either pierre or gr4 posted below, and being as high as i seeped into my head, and came out of my fingers creating a someone uncomfortably elongated reintroduction to moxie.

what? exactly.

jen said...

CORRECTION:

love!

we met the other night, and you and your friend were lovely, and i was wasted, and you went to queens and i scrammed for no other reason than it's fun to scram, and it rhymes with spam, which either pierre or gr4 posted ABOVE, and being as high as i AM IT CReeped into my head, and came out of my fingers creating a SOMEWHAT uncomfortably elongated reintroduction to moxie.

what? exactly.

HOW EMBARRASSING. I AM ONLY THIS AWFUL VIA THE MEDIUM OF BLOG.